It's not hard to draw the connection between employee reward and recognition programs and worker performance.
It's not hard to draw the connection between employee reward and recognition programs and worker performance. With the right incentives in place, employees are inspired and driven to achieve their goals and support their team members. However, the impact of such management strategies extend far beyond meeting milestones and receiving rewards. A well-implemented reward and recognition program can help build employees' self-confidence, which in turn can have a remarkable impact on their productivity and career trajectory.
A recent article in Forbes Magazine described some of the added perks that workers can expect when they fully apply themselves to their jobs. In addition to simply seeing better outcomes in their projects, they're likely to:
- Discover skills they didn't know they had
- Have a better understanding of workplace dynamics – and opportunities
- Learn how to actively get things done
- Develop the ability to manage resources
- Improve relationships and build networks
- Foster a greater sense of self-respect
- Test their ideals and reinvent themselves
- Build a reputation on a portfolio of strengths and successes
Where do employee engagement programs fit in? In addition to encouraging workers to apply themselves more energetically, reward platforms offer workers an easy way to track performance, build a "portfolio" of successes and have a tangible sense of growth and achievement. Furthermore, recognition programs can facilitate relationship building and bolster morale and self-confidence. Perhaps these are the greatest possible rewards.